Today, I am showing you how to create a Bullet Journal Wish List in Canva. While I love traditional journaling and planning, there are some productivity apps that I love using too. Most of the time, I think of ways to combine the two. One of the ways I have come up with, is using my wish list setup and Canva to keep track. I’ll get more into it below, but in the meantime, here is the video for you.
(This post is not sponsored.)
Bullet Journal Wish List in Canva Supplies
- B5 Archer and Olive Dot Grid Notebook (NML10 for 10% off) – You can see my full setup here
- Free Version of Canva
Create a Bullet Journal Wish List in Canva
1. Setting up a Wish List
In your bullet journal, you are going to setup a wish list. In my layout, I include what, where, and a column for recording cost. You can set this up with any information you want to include.
For my wish list, I drew a rectangle along the bottom of the columns. This is where I plan on placing my QR code along with a fun heading. I’m thinking something along the lines of, TikTok made me do it!
2. Creating a free wish list in Canva
If you haven’t done so already, sign up for a free Canva profile. There are so many fantastic free options available, and today’s tutorial items are included as well.
Once your profile is set up, on the home page, there is a “What will you design ?” search box. Type in “lists” or “to do lists” and pick from the variety of designs you see. The best part about Canva is that you’re able to make changes as you please, really personalizing the list. If that seems too overwhelming, then follow the steps below (or download the templates I created for you).
- Make sure there are 2 lines – either in a row, or one indented below the other
- One line will be for the item, the second line will be for the web link
- From the left hand bar, select the text option
- Follow the instructions below for both the item and the link:
- Choose one of the heading options – I like to use the sub-heading
- Decide which font you want to use (or just use the default font)
- Adjust the text block to fit the line
- In the top right hand corner, select the share button (square with an arrow pointing up)
- Select “copy link”
Make sure access is restricted before sharing your journal/picture of your page online, or else anyone with the link can access it when they scan the QR code.
If this seems too much, I am sharing 2 Canva templates for you here:
3. Creating a QR code
The next step is to go back to the homepage, and choose “Create a Design” from the top right corner.
- Select custom size (from the bottom of the menu)
- Change the type from px (pixels) to in (inches)
- For width and height, create a 1.5 x 1.5 inch square
- Select create new design
- From the left side bar, select QR code
- In the URL block, paste the link from your wish list project
4. Printing your QR Code
Printing your QR code can be a bit tricky to get the size right. I experimented until I found something that worked. The steps below were the best option.
- Enlarge the QR code to the full size of the Canva page (1.5 x 1.5 inches)
- In the top right corner, select share (square with the arrow pointing up)
- Select the download option (if you select print design, it will send it to Canva to print so don’t choose that)
- Under file type, change to PDF Standard
- Select download
- A new screen will pop up, select save to files (on Mac)
- Go to where you saved the file
- Open it and select share (from the top right corner – square with arrow pointing up)
- Select print, and you’re done
Cut the code out and glue into your journal
Filling your wish list
You are all set to start filling your Wish List, and the added bonus, you have the option to share this list with family and friends come time for the Holidays, or Birthdays!
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial. Please let me know if you found it helpful and want to see more tutorials like this in the future. If you use this, I would love to see it and hear about how it works for you!